This day means a lot to me,
I try everything in my power to protect this planet and reduce waste. Of course, I’m nowhere near perfect but according to me even if you can take that one step you can make this world a better place you should go for it.
If you have not watched the Netflix series “Our Planet” yet you should! And listen to the song “Earth” by Lil Dicky (which has around 30 world-famous artists in it). Both of it is so beautiful and informative, however, the most revolutionary fact that I got to know was, we, after all, don’t have all the time in the world to protect our planet and there are only 12 years left before we are doomed.
Here I am going to share a few changes that I have made in my everyday life to reduce waste which you can imply on as well.
- Straws – It’s been a couple of years since I stopped using straws now. I only use the steel ones which I carry with me everywhere. You too can either use steel ones or there are glass ones available as well. And all of this is easily available on multiple platforms.
- Bags – I make sure I have a cloth or a paper bag handy with me at all times. No matter where I am going or what am I going to buy I always have either of those.
- Menstrual Needs – It’s been a year since I have been using biodegradable pads which are really good and comfortable and I have boosted them about a lot in my Instagram stories. However, I just recently bought my first menstrual cups and plan on sticking to it!
- Water Bottles – Always Always Always carry one with you!! You can refill it at multiple places and whenever you want!
- Reduce the use of paper towels – It is very very rare that I use a paper towel. Even if I have it with me I always prefer a hankie or a napkin.
- Toothbrushes – Go for wooden or electronic! I use the wooden one and it’s just the same as all your regular ones!
- Carry my own Toiletries – I do not use the ones provided by the hotels. Buy a set of tiny containers which are specially catered to this and fill it up before the trip!
- Make-Up removing wipes – Coconut Oil and Napkins are my best friends! Organic for nature, organic for me too.
- Silicone or Cloth Refrigerator bag – It works for so many things! Store your veggies, marinate things, carry a snack with you pop things in the oven and other things.
- Paper Garbage Bags – I have like a whole DIY day of making these. Sit with old newspapers look at YouTube tutorials and make them!! Recycling newspapers also!
Something truly needs to be done to make a change in this world and every bit from your end as much as you can matters! Love your home, Love it with open arms!!
If you have any suggestions on how I can do a better job hit me up!!
Happy Earth Day peeps!