I’m absolutely in love with these cookies and the number of things you can do with it! It is perfect for anytime of the day and so so so very healthy! And the best part is very quick too!
All you need here are 3 ingredients and out of which only 2 are the base of it that third one can vary as per your liking.
Dietitian’s Word – “This fun-filled cookie recipe includes all the ingredients which are great to kick start your day.
Oats and bananas are rich in fiber which promote colon health. Since, it’s a high carb recipe, it gives you a statiety value and keeps you full for a long period of time , providing you with enough energy to perform all the activities throughout the day. Also, bananas are a rich source of potassium which is an essential mineral to prevent water retention in the body and maintain blood pressure levels.
The chocolate chips added in this recipe are like a magic ingredient to reduce anxiety and depression by releasing endorphins and giving you a pleasant feeling.
Enjoy this recipe in moderate quantities for a happy soul and a mind-boosting energy throughout the day.” – Nicy Karani
I used very brown bananas, the browner it is the more sugar it will add to your cookies. If you like yours to be less sweet you can use the ones with a few brown spots. However, I recommend to try out with a proper ripe banana since there is no other sweetener in it. If you want to add a little more sweetness to it you can add powdered sugar. This is just the base for you to experiment with. You can add nuts in the place chocolate chips or even add peanut butter to it. Just make sure of the texture and consistency. You can also add more texture to it by adding one cup of quick oats and 3/4 of old fashioned rolled oats.
- 1 and 3/4 cups Quick Oats
- 2 Large Ripe Bananas
- Chocolate Chips
- Mash up your bananas using a fork till they are smooth in texture.
- Add your oats to it and mix well. It should look like cookie dough.
- Once its mixed well fold chocolate chips into it as much as you would like. Just make sure don't put way too many which would ruin the texture of the cookies.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180°C and grease the baking tray.
- Take a handful of mixture, form them into balls and press into the shape of cookies. (Note: These cookies wont change their shape, so make sure you put them in just the way you want them to look).
- Bake them for 15-20 minutes, until the surface is golden brown.
- Let them cool down for a bit before eating.